In consideration of being allowed to utilize the City of Gautier’s archery facilities (Shepard State Park), the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from archery and other known and unknown events and activities and/or the use of the related buildings, structures, equipment, automobiles, firearms, weapons, ATV’s, boats, tree stands, roads, bodies of water, land and all other real and personal property whether owned by the City of Gautier, or others is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I acknowledge and agree that the use of archery equipment, firearms and other weapons by myself or others on park premises are inherently dangerous and high risk activities whether such archery equipment, firearms or weapons are discharged by myself or others; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my use of the City of Gautier’s archery facilities (Shepard State Park); and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for the use of these facilities. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or use, I will remove myself and bring such to the attention of the City immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the City of Gautier, its council members, officers, directors, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, members, guests, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of real property and personal property used to conduct the events and activities (“RELEASEES”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the RELEASEES or any other person or entity, to the fullest extent permitted by law.